Seiko Epson Microdevices Operations Division (Quartz devices Operations)
Miyazaki Epson Environmental policy
Drive progressive environmental initiatives by pursuing innovation in compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies revolving around our core QMEMS technology, thereby providing customer value in the form of reduced environmental impacts.
To accomplish this, we will:
- create and provide the ultimate in compact, energy-saving, high-precision crystal devices, and build and revolutionize production processes that increase throughput while reducing environmental impacts.
- strictly observe environmental laws, ordinances and voluntary commitments, establish independent standards as needed, and strive to prevent pollution by continually improving on our environmental practices.
- strive to raise the level of our environmental practices by setting and pursuing environmental goals and targets and by regularly reviewing our environmental management systems.
- strive to conserve local environments through community engagement and corporate citizenship initiatives.
- share information on our environmental activities, strive to build trusted relationships with all stakeholders and communities in which we operate, and contribute to the advancement of society.
We shall document this policy, communicate it to all employees and to all persons engaged in our business, and share the policy with the public.
- Established October 1, 2005
- Revised July 31, 2007
- Revised Jun 22, 2010
- Revised September 1, 2011
- Revised July 1, 2012
- Revised April 1, 2013
QMEMS is a combination of "Quartz," a crystalline material with excellent characteristics such as excellent frequency stability and high precision, and "MEMS" (micro electro mechanical system).
QMEMS devices, produced via a microfabrication process on a quartz material instead of on a semiconductor material like MEMS, offer high performance in a compact package.